INTRODUCTION TO OUR FAMILY OF SITES
Welcome to the Internet site of Western Springs Baptist Church (WSBC). When we use the terms "we" "us" or "our", we refer to WSBC and affiliated ministries ("Our church").
1. USE OF THIS SITE
2. DESCRIPTION OF SITE AND THE SERVICE.
We may provide, through the Site, Services that include without limitation the:
- provision of the Site and other online services and Internet sites;
- display, provision, and use of information such as educational or other valuable information ("Information");
- the display, performance, provision and use of copyrighted works, photographs, text, music, video, sound, graphics, messages, and other Materials, including Our Materials and Third Party Materials ("Content");
- use and display of our Trademarks and Trademarks of Third Parties;
- interactive communication through blogs, social networks, comments, and other media.
You can contact us about this Site or about accessing and changing any personal information you provide at this Site through contact information contained on the Site.
3. RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF CONTENT, MATERIALS AND MARKS.
3.1 Use of Site.
- You will not reproduce, edit, modify, rent, license, sell, distribute, mirror, republish, download, transmit, or create derivative works from, any Materials displayed on, or made available through, the Site or in connection with the Service, in whole or in part, by any means now known or later developed;
- You will not modify, decompile, or reverse engineer any part of the Software;
- You will not copy, post or transmit any Materials that you receive from, access, or retrieve from, the Site or through the Service, to any server, or network of computers;
- You will not remove or modify any copyright or trademark notice, or other notice of ownership, displayed on, or affixed to, any Materials, including any copies of the Licensed Materials that you download and/or distribute; and
- You will not frame the Site within a mark other than that of Our Organization.
4. LIMITED LICENSE FOR DOWNLOADABLE MATERIALS.
4.1 Downloadable Materials.
Certain materials on the Site are identified as being downloadable ("Licensed Materials"). You may download one copy of these materials subject to the restrictions herein. To this end, we grant to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable, license to view, print, and make one copy, without alteration, of the Licensed Materials for only informational, educational, non-commercial, personal purposes (the "License"). You may use the Licensed Materials only in the format in which we make them available on the Site for download, and only in authorized distributions. Further, the License is subject to additional restrictions:
- You may not charge or collect any Distribution Fee for the distribution of any of the Licensed Materials;
- All copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices that appear on the Licensed Materials, together with the permission notice, must appear on all copies of the Licensed Materials that you make or distribute;
- No graphics comprising part of the Licensed Materials may be used, copied or distributed separate from accompanying text;
- The Licensed Materials may not be used in connection with, or relation to, any fundraising activities;
- The Licensed Materials may not be used in a manner that suggests an association with or endorsement by us, or any of our products, services, or brands; and
- You may not download quantities of Licensed Materials to a database that can be used to avoid future downloads of any of the Licensed Materials from the Site.
4.2 Download of General Content.
For the materials not clearly identified and intended as downloadable materials ("General Content") we grant to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable, license to print and make one copy, without alteration, to be used for informational, non-commercial, private or personal purposes only, unless specifically allowed on the Site. You shall not copy any of the materials or contents on the Site onto another website unless otherwise authorized. You may, however, access the Materials or Contents of our Site through a hyperlink.
5. PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PRIVACY OF INFORMATION
5.1 Provision of Your Personal Information.
As a user of the Site, you can visit certain areas of the Site without revealing any information about yourself. In other parts of the Site, you may be required to provide information for certain purposes, including registering for a service, completing a transaction, making a donation, sending correspondence, and/or or gaining access to a portion of the Site or part of the Service. Any information you provide to the Site is referred to as the "Registration Data."
5.2 Accuracy of Personal Information. When using the Site, you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself in Registration Data or otherwise;
- maintain the security of all passwords, user identification data, and other unique identifiers established in connection with your use of any part of the Site and/or the Service, including any Forum (defined below) (each a "Password"); and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide, to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Site, and to refuse any and all current or future access to, or use of, the Site and the Service.
5.3 Use by Minors.
This Site is a general audience site, not directed or targeted to children, and WSBC does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. Any information collected online by WSBC from children under 18 is used only for the purpose of delivering the requested service. Please instruct your children to ask you for permission before providing any information about themselves to WSBC, and visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about safe Web surfing.
6. GENERAL USE RULES.
To facilitate everyone's enjoyment of the Site, we have set out our General Use Rules for you here. Generally speaking, these rules simply require respect and good manners. Think before you post, use common sense, and you will feel right at home. Remember that anyone may read your post, including your family, friends and employer.
The term "Forum" means a blog, social network, comments, e-mail or other function that allows you to provide information or interact with others offered as part of the Site. Portions of the Site may allow users to post their own material. The materials posted by users do not necessarily reflect our views and we shall not be liable for any user information posted or displayed on, or uploaded onto, any part of the Site, including any Forum.
Our General Use Rules for the Site are as follows:
- No Obscenity. We do not allow obscene, racist, vulgar, discourteous, indecent or sexually explicit language or images. You agree not to post, upload, e-mail, transmit, distribute, or otherwise make available, any such content or materials onto the Site, including any Forum.
- No Posting or Communication of Infringing Material or Harassing Communications or Advertisements in Forums. You also agree not to post, communicate, upload, e-mail, transmit, distribute, or otherwise make available:
- any material or content that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party (including its intellectual property and proprietary rights), or any law;
- any advertisements for products or services, "junk mail", spam, chain mail, pyramid schemes, or other form of solicitation;
- No Commercial Uses. You agree not to use the Forum or the Site for commercial purposes of any kind.
- No Harm to Minors. You agree not to harm, or attempt to harm, lure or deceive minors in any way;
- No False Identity. You agree not to create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others;
- Do Not Collect or Store Personal Data. You agree not to collect or store personal data about other users;
- No Off-topic Discussion. You agree to keep your discussion on-topic according to the subject of the particular article or blog in which you participate and will not attempt to turn the discussion to fit your personal agenda;
- No Virus or Disabling Software. You agree not to post or distribute any software or other materials that contain a virus or other harmful component;
- No Interference with the Site or Service. You agree not to interfere with, or disrupt, the operation of the Site and/or the Service, or with servers or networks connected to, or used in connection with the operation of, the Site;
- Obey Requirements. You agree not to disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations established by the owners or operators of any networks, hardware, or software connected to, or used in connection with the operation of, the Site, or any requirement that we post on the Site.
- Respect Privacy of Others. You agree to respect the privacy of others. You agree not to post or disclose phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other private information, relating to any other person.
7. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES.
7.1 Linking To Third Party Sites from Our Site.
From time to time, we may provide links on this Site that will allow you to connect with websites of third-parties that are not under our control. We are providing these links only as a convenience to you. Further, there may be times while on this Site that you could be directed to sites that are beyond our control. This includes links from other ministries, sponsors or volunteers that may use our logo(s) as part of an agreement with us. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, solicit personal information, or contain information that you may find inappropriate or offensive.
7.2 No Warranties.
7.3 No Endorsement.
Links to other websites do not imply an endorsement of the materials, products, content, ideas or Interactive Communications displayed on, or disseminated at or through those websites, nor does the existence of a link to another website imply that the organization or person publishing at that website endorses any of the materials or ideas at this Site. We reserve the right to disable links from third-party sites to this Site at any time without prior notice.
7.4 Rules for Linking to Our Site
If you link to page on our Site, we grant you the right to post a maximum of 50 words from the page along with the link to our Site. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance, of the Content on this Site is strictly prohibited. We do not grant you the right to link to any Third Party Content on our Site.
We reserve the right to, at any time and without prior notice, ask you to remove the link should we determine it to have a negative effect on our Site, search engine results or other negative impact on our visitors. You agree to remove the link immediately upon request.
8.1 YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICE, ALL CONTENT, ALL INFORMATION, AND ALL MATERIALS ARE OFFERED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, "WITH ALL FAULTS," AND "AS AVAILABLE," WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SITE, ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, THE SOFTWARE, AND THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED PROMPTLY OR AT ALL; AND/OR THAT ANY OF THE SITE, INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, THE SERVICE (AND/OR ANY SOFTWARE, SERVER, COMPUTER, HARDWARE, OR NETWORK RELATING TO THE OPERATION, OR HOSTING OF, ANY OF THE FOREGOING) WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES, ERRORS, OR HARMFUL COMPONENTS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. WE ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TIMELINESS, DELETION, MIS-DELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY COMMUNICATIONS OR MATERIALS POSTED ON THE SITE OR IN ANY FORUM.
8.2 WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, AND MATERIALS CONTAINED, DISPLAYED, OR POSTED ON THE SITE OR OTHERWISE AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR SITE, OR ON SITES THAT LINK TO OR FROM THE SITE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. WE DO NOT WARRANT, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO, THE USE, OR THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE ACHIEVED THROUGH SUCH USE, OF ANY OF THE SITE, ANY PART OF THE SERVICE, AND/OR ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, AND/OR MATERIALS.
8.3 AT ANY TIME AND WITHOUT NOTICE, WE MAY, FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER AND WITHOUT INCURRING ANY LIABILITY OR OBLIGATION TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY, TERMINATE OR SUSPEND THE DISPLAY, OPERATION AND/OR PROVISION OF (A) THE SITE (OR ANY PART THEREOF, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, AND/OR MATERIALS); (B) ANY PART OF THE SERVICE; AND/OR (C) YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE OR ANY PART OF THE SERVICE.
8.4 WHILE WE WILL MAKE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROVIDE ACCURATE AND TIMELY INFORMATION ON THE SITE, YOU SHOULD NOT ASSUME THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IS ALWAYS UP TO DATE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR THAT THE SITE CONTAIN ALL OF THE RELEVANT INFORMATION AVAILABLE.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all Passwords and all accounts that you establish in conjunction with your use of our Site or the Service ("Your Account"). You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under, or relating to, your Password and Your Account, and for your use of any of our Site and any part of the Service.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us, and our affiliates, our officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers, affiliates, licensors, and licensees (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties"), harmless from and against any and all liabilities and costs (including reasonable attorney's fees) incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of, or relating to:
(b) any unauthorized use by you of any Information, Content, Materials, our Site, or any part of the Service;
(c) your use of our Site and/or any part of the Service; and
(d) all activities relating to, or conducted under, your Password and/or Your Account.
You shall use your best efforts to cooperate with us in the defense of any such claim. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any claim against you or use that is subject to indemnification by you. You agree that in the event of any unauthorized use of our Site, any Information, Content, Materials, and/or any part of the Service, we shall be entitled to obtain an injunction proscribing such unauthorized use, without the necessity to post bond, and in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity.
Approved by WSBC Church Board on May 17, 2012